Family Fun in the Sun
Things to do this summer!
Hello Summer! The sun is out, the kids are home, and you are looking for some family-friendly things to do. Sometimes it can be difficult finding fun for everyone especially if your kids range in age like mine do. Here is a list of things you could do that the entire family will enjoy!
- STAYcation: If you are not able to travel far for a vacation, take a STAYcation. One of my favorite places to lodge for a STAYcation is Staybridge Suites. They offer amazing amenities including Wireless Internet, Business/Fitness center, Full Kitchen, Pool and MORE! Have everyone pack an overnight luggage and book a room for the weekend (preferably with an indoor/outdoor pool) in your city for a nice getaway. If you are a Mompreneur like me, this is perfect for you. Take advantage of the FREE wi-fi and get some work done while the kids SPLASH! Afterwards, order pizza and spend some quality family time together. Get a good night’s rest and wake up to a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast!
- VBS: Enroll your children in Vacation Bible School at a local church. In most cases you do not need to be a member of the church, but you must register ahead of time. This will provide an opportunity for your children to meet new friends, learn new crafts, and most importantly become more spiritually grounded.
- Volunteer: Do a good deed and sow a seed into lives of others. Teach your children the principle of helping those in need. Sign them up to volunteer at assisted living facilities, shelters, or events. By volunteering, your children will learn new skills and strategies, develop new knowledge, and bridge the generation gap.
- Visit the Park: Pack some sandwiches and snacks and take a stroll through the park. You will find this to be very relaxing as you walk around and smell the roses! I am a resident of Georgia, so I personally LOVE Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta! It is definitely one of my favorite places to visit during the summer. Centennial offers a host of entertainment for the entire family including the impeccable Fountain of Rings! It is the world’s largest fountain. It is also the most recognized and photographed landmark in Georgia.
- Community Pool: Take a swim at your community pool. There is usually a small fee to enter but it offers fun for all ages. I recently took my children and we had a BLAST! Be sure to abide by your local park and recreation rules, and wear appropriate swim apparel.
These are just a few things I have listed. Share with me what you are doing with your family this summer by commenting below!
This is encouraging and for sure life essential. There’s always a way to have a great time with the family. Keep giving it to us. I enjoyed the article