Menstrual products should be as free and easily accessed as toilet paper. Everyone who does get a period has the right to affordable, accessible, and safe period products.
Thankfully, Representative Grace Meng (D-NY-6) has reintroduced the Menstrual Equity for All Act of 2023 (H.R. 3646) in Congress, and this federal legislation would:
- Incentivize higher education institutions to provide free menstrual products to students and similarly expand existing grant programs for elementary and secondary schools to do the same.
- Require that free menstrual products be available in all public federal buildings and facilities.
- Require Medicaid to cover menstrual products.
- Mandate employers with at least 100 employees to provide free menstrual products in their workplace.
- Allow homeless assistance providers to apply grant funds covering shelter necessities to menstrual products.
By endorsing the Menstrual Equity for All Act of 2023 (H.R. 3646), we commit to working toward a society where menstruation is no longer a barrier to anyone’s well-being and to full participation in all aspects of life.
TELL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE TO COSPONSOR THE MENSTRUAL EQUITY FOR ALL ACT OF 2023.
Together, let’s take a step forward to ensuring girls – and anyone who menstruates – have access to the resources and opportunities they need to manage their periods with dignity.